LED lights to turn off at a determined ohm reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbarnumboy

Joined May 25, 2011
first of all this is my first post so hello. Looking for some insight and help on a custom setup.

I have a project which uses 8 LED lights, each running off different ohms reading.

The lights will indicate a empty and full appearance by color from left to right. My plan is to have all of the lights running when the source reads full ohm range. and turning off as the source gets empty.

As the level drops down, the ohms range will change, in hopes of turning off lights as it decreases.

Think of a fuel tank in a car. Reading 110 ohms at empty and 3 ohms at full, from the sending unit.
when full at 3 ohms i want all of the Leds illuminated, and to turn off as the ohms climb, ending in 110 ohms for the last light.

So here is my question. How would i go about doing this? I am a noob at this and I am having a hard time with an easy way to set this up.

The signal is a 1 wire source and i know i will need resistors, but how do i control when the lights come on and off?

if anyone can help with this it would be appreciated. My project is on hold until i can figure this out.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Sorry to not be able to respond, but our Terms of Service prevent it -
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.