led jackets

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by schnuckss, May 4, 2013.

1. schnuckss

Thread Starter New Member

May 4, 2013
    hello everyone i am a mobile dj and am trying to incorporate in some ideas to my show/performance. I already have a LED drape that goes behind where i stand but want i want to add is a pair of LED Jackets. Heres what they have to do. They have to match the drape's design and have its own program to run. Now the drape has a box at the bottom for DMX control and i was hoping i could do the same for the jackets. Basically assigning them to a channel on my computer and being able to trigger different designs. Please post links to which kind of LEDS i should use as well as a power supply and some form of dmx box/hub. Please and thank you
  2. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    You'll need to be more specific about what you want; colors, brightness, etc. If you've got something close (your drapes?), I'd recommend going with the same or very similar design.

Safety first - be sure your design can stand up to movement, sweat, the inevitable thrown beer bottle, and so on. Your planning to be wired into a power supply and a computer while on a stage. To me that sound like a potentially dangerous arrangement. Ever put your lips onto a hot mic?