LED electronic fence lights

jchannel

Joined Jul 15, 2009
I am in need of help finding or designing electronic lights like the one's used at Busch Gardens Howl-o-scream. They are like Christmas lights and sparkle fast. Here is a link that shows what they look like.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
To me, looks like the lights all flash in unison with a semi random pattern. Probably could be done with uC, as for me, it would be a clock, one or two shift registers & a big FET. Assuming LED's in unknown number & brightness.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
They look more like xenon flash lamps or white LEDs. More likely they are LEDs. Overall, you would want the average flash rate to be a little above 3 Hz to generate the maximum emotional stress. To get the more or less random appearing flicker you would want to drive the LEDs with a pseudorandom waveform, such as with the projects shown in the link below.
http://www.horrorseek.com/home/halloween/wolfstone/Flicker/flksof_SoftwareFlicker.html

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
There is a lot of technology around stage and effects lighting. A guy not far from where I live could probably answer your question. See if you can get thru to him via here.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Two 4021's look pretty close, 3 might be better. Only used one LED on BB,; might need auto re load. Not worth inking as OP has seemed to have flown.