LED cube

jmh474

Joined Jun 26, 2014
So me and a friend are thinking of making a led cube and im thinking of using this kit off ebay could anyone tell me if its any good please thanks, and if it is any good what else would i need to get to connect it to the arduino uno or arduino or pc, im a noob to this sort of thing but i to have basic electronic skills as im an electrician but its more houses i do, so any help would be grate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-LightS...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item35d70ae3e1

they have a download with what they think will be the stuff people will need, its definitely not the best of guides lol so as i said im a noob at this sort of thing we just thought i would be a good little cheap project, as we would like easy programming and then were going to try and make it sound activated (if possible) thanks again

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
IMHO, there is insufficient information to comment!

What MCU is used? How are the patterns programmed? Is software included? How are patterns selected? How many patterns can be stored?

Basically, while the hardware is described and shown, there is no description of its operation.

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello jmh474

As far as I understand, so you mention in your original message, You have the purpose of making an LED Cube.
You intend to buy a kit that sells EBay to achieve your purpose.
(3D LightSquared DIY Kit 8x8x8 3mm LED Cube White LED Blue Ray UK)

As much as I looked at the link you added, I did not find any descriptive information regarding the DIY kit.
As for example:
Parts list.
Procedure to assemble it.
If that kit comes with a pre programmed processor.
How to change the pattern that would look at the LED cube.
Or, What is the medium where information patterns that would look at the LED Cube is stored.

Anyway, more information is needed which you can request, by writing or speaking by telephone to EBay.

Visit this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mXM-oGggrM

That's about what you want to do?

It's a little complicated to do that. but with patience and dedication you can achieve. (And spending a few dollars)
Ask to EBay, if already assembled the kit works, what patterns have shown on the LED's Cube. How could you change those patterns, pictures. or select your favorite. . . Etc.

Is the most complete information we can see in the ZIP file that you enclose in your post #7.
I have not tested thoroughly but apparently, through serial port on the PC, you can program the images that we can see in the LED's Cube.