led cube

jimit

Joined Oct 28, 2010
Hi every one i have recently started a new project the led cube.:D
But the problem is that i don't know how to program it and i don't want to do it. Is there any other way so that i can get some kind of pattern in my led cube.
thx in advance.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
LED cubes are usually driven using a technique known as "Charlieplexing", named for a Maxim employee. Do some Google searches on Charlieplexing, and see if you really want to try to build something like that out of logic IC's instead of a uC.

Your hardware requirements will get REALLY large in a big hurry unless you use a uC. They'll need a big truck to make the delivery.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
So, you have a new project that you don't want to do. Is that right? Is it a school assignment? How much are you willing to pay to have someone do it for you?

John

jimit

Joined Oct 28, 2010
So, you have a new project that you don't want to do. Is that right? Is it a school assignment? How much are you willing to pay to have someone do it for you?

John
i am willing to do the project but i don't want to program it i want a easier way to get some pattens

jimit

Joined Oct 28, 2010
here i found this diagram will it work?and can Charlieplexing or multiplexing be done in this?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Fry's was selling them off the shelf. You could probably mail order it from them, since they have a online catalog.