LED circut

Status
Not open for further replies.

cminke

Joined Jun 7, 2014
Hello, I am working on a project to make light-bars for me and my friends to have in our vehicles.
I have the led's which are labeled as "super bright" so im going to assume 3-5W.
I have MANY questions and they are due to wanting to get it right and not worry about damaging anything, not for thereof lack of knowledge.

Requirements
1) each individual setting must be able to work via physical switch
2) must have flashing, "takedown", left to right, right to left, in to out and left side then right side flashing. MIN.
3) must cost under $50 in parts
4) power source is a car battery
5)must be able to power 9-21 Led's (setups/changes need for for 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 Leds please, not sure how many i will need as of right now )
6) Must have Led lights to show patter in dash (mini leds/low power)
7) must be simple enough to understand and clear. I understand most diagrams but I don't have a complete understanding.

Questions I have:
Do I need a heavy gauge wire?
Will a PCB withstand a car battery power?
How do I avoid blowing a light?

I am EAGER TO LEARN!

emails would be the best form of communication. Connor_minke(at)hotmail(dot)com

NOTE TO ADMINS IM NOT SURE IF I KEEP SENDING THIS TO THE QUEUE I DID T NOTICE THE NOTE my apologize

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.