LED Circuit not behaving as it should

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Danno., Aug 31, 2015.

1. Danno.

Thread Starter Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Hi,
    Could I have some pointers on this circuit please, I am tracing out an old micro controller and it has 3 voltage status LED's on the front, in real life the 3 LED's are on steady. When I try to simulate the circuit I can't seem to get it to work. The mains supply is 230Vac to a transformer which in turn gives out 50Vac and 14-0-14Vac, the 14V is then rectified to DC. The LED's are 2V LED's.

Is there something obvious I'm missing? Many thanks.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012

If you want help on this site, paste the circuit directly into your post. It seems like you are trying to raise publicity for the everycircuit.com software rather than ask a real question. Not many people are going to install a new app just so they can. Help you light an LED.

3. Danno.

Thread Starter Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Ah ok sorry just thought it was easier to see it in action. I'll put up the circuit now. Not raising any publicity sorry if it came accross that way.

4. Danno.

Thread Starter Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Post amended as requested, any help appreciated thanks.

5. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    Your circuit doesn't complete the primary so not sure it should anything at all.
    What would you expect the LEDs to do? They might flicker at 50Hz but that'll only look like steady on.

6. Danno.

Thread Starter Member

Apr 6, 2015
    The primary is complete it's just not the best symbol, there is 230Vac L & N on the primary, ignore the unconnected pins as they do not exist in real life.

I would expect the the LED's to light steady, or appear to, if I measure across them in real life there is 1.5V across them.

7. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    Not sure how you are measuring the voltage but again what would you expect You will only get a half cycle of voltage across the LED so if you are using an averaging meter of some kind you will only see something less than 2V in any case.

8. Danno.

Thread Starter Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Ah just checked board again and LED's are on AC side of bridge, no wonder it was confusing me LOL.

Thanks for help.