LED Chaser

allistertandy@gmail.com

Joined Feb 8, 2014
Hi Guys

I am new to this and are in need of assistance. I want to build a low power LED Chaser unit that utulizes sound as input. I have seen a lot of LED Chaser units but not one that operates like a "Sound 2 light" unit.

Any help out there?

Appreciated....:confused:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

First question: Are you thinking of a chaser that goes back and forth, or goes form one end to the other then starts back at the first end?

Matt

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Always more questions. We do not care about frequency, just advance a count every time volume crosses a threshold??

burger2227

Joined Feb 3, 2014
Volume is not gonna do much unless you turn it up yourself or you like commercials.

Step like a light organ? With different frequencies lighting up different colored LED's? I'd like to see that myself! I have made 120 volt ones that used SCR's to run 120 VAC miniature light strings like that.

The circuit used different capacitors with identical coils to trigger the SCR's. In fact I wound the coils around the capacitors. I copied a circuit originally sold by RS as speaker type boxes with medium Christmas bulbs in them. I still have the ones I made, but I have to get new light strings. LED's come in strings of 50, but my old strings had 35.

Is that what you want?

Last edited: