LED blink and off

spec07

Joined Jun 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a current project which requires me to light up 7 LEDs in series using a on/off switch, blink for 5 secs (timing can be more) and turn off.

Is there any available circuit similar to this application? It has to be mobile as well, I'm thinking of powering the circuit with a typical 9V battery. Not sure if it is enough.

Any idea?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Tell more. Do you want: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 blink blink blink...off?
or: 7 x on, blink blink blink...off?
or something else?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What color?

It starts with an LM556 chip. One timer counts off 5 seconds and the second one does the blinking. 9 volts won't run more than 2 or 3 LEDs in a series string, so we need to know what color to get the current right.

spec07

Joined Jun 29, 2015
How good are you at designing stuff? It's going to be a combination of bits from these:
I am not too good in designing circuit to be honest, am only 14 this year and this seems to be too tough for me. I am hopeful to get a full circuit solution if possible. This circuit would have to be portable though. Will two 9V battery in series which sums up to be 18V be sufficient to power 7 LEDs? LEDs I am thinking to use will be white as it requires to be bright to be seen during day time.

Sorry for asking so much and thank you for your reply.

Last edited: