LED Bike Tail Lamp flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_alukkas

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am planning to build a Led tail lamp assembly for my bike to replace its present bulb setup. So Ill be using 5 mm led's of the 20ma type.. I'll do the lights for the pilot tail lamps seperately, but for the brakes, I need a flasher... Plan to use a 7x5 led array of normal led's. Vertically, I have space only for 5, but horizontally, I can adjust 7 to 5,6 or 8 whichever gives me an easy arrangement when driven with voltage drops and all. The pattern i need is level type, ie, 1st row alone, 1+2nd, 1+2+3 and when 5 rows full, resets and starts or decreases, either not a problem.. Could somebody help me on a circuit to drive this? The simpler the better. Currently the only thing I can think of would be LM3914/3915 driven by a 555 and then transistors to drive led stips. Or cd4017 with diodes, i prefer not to use too many branched diodes. Any help please?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hi Joseph; hadn't seen you around for awhile. Glad you're OK.

Afraid we've discontinued discussions on modifications of such things. Please have a look at this thread:
Automotive Guidelines

There are just too many pitfalls for even advanced experimenters to attempt such modifications. The ICs you mentioned are not qualified for use in automotive environments, and will likely have a short life span.

Status
Not open for further replies.