LED 144 Array V limit part besides resistor

splat

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I am currently drawing up a netlist for LED Array, 6 seperate colors with seperate Forward Voltage between 1.85 and 3.0V. All on their own individual series and parrall strings. All strings have the appropriate resistors. Do I need an additional Part to help regulate each circuit in addition to the resistors, as the different diodes have different Forward Voltage? The array will have 144 LEDs, I am using a wizard and already have the circuits drawn up. Grow Light.
any help would be greatly appreciated

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, you didn't give us a lot to go on.

What wizard did you use, what parameters did you give to it, and what were the results? Don't leave out any details.

Some "wizards" on the Internet were poorly written; if you used one of the bad wizards, the odds that you will get decent reliability are quite dismal.

splat

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I was thinking that their could be a seperate part in each series of leds and resistor, but their is not because it is just on and off function.

Now im trying to figure out how to write a netlist without any errors any suggested reading material Sgt.
Thank You, Semper Fi

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, gee - you didn't provide ANYTHING that I asked for.

If you use Linear Technology's LTSpice and put together a schematic, it will generate a netlist for you.

Google "LTSpice download". LTSpice is free.