learning analog electronics/analog system design

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
considering i am a totally noob, where should i start? how do i master this field? it's seem so vast that i am lost. Do you have any idea on how i can learn these things fast? i know most of you have devoted your whole life and perhaps you all are still leaning, but still i would like to get some suggestions from you.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Reading the tutorials is not a prerequisite for building circuits. You can start at any time building circuits. Your knowledged and understanding of electronics will grow the more reading and building you do.

electron_prince

Joined Sep 19, 2012
the problem is that i don't really understand some specs in the datasheet and it frustrates me. and that is why i don't make circuits often. There are so many pre-made circuits are available in the market. To be able to beat them, you gotta be very accurate.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Learning electronics is not something that happens overnight. Take one step at a time.
Take one project at a time. Design it. Understand it. Build it. One of these days you will be able to change from "electron prince" to "electron king".

If there is something you don't understand, ask on AAC. That's what we're here for.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Your brain is going to become a huge inventory of parts and partial circuits. When you need a circuit to do something, you will sort among your inventory and find some bits to put together. The goal is not to beat something that is posted in public, it is to be able to cobble together what you need today. And, PS, being very accurate is not usually the goal. Accuracy is in the quality of the parts you buy. Your first goal is to get something that works. You can polish the accuracy later.

I started in electronics in 1980 and I am still learning.
It is an on-going process because electronics covers such a wide range and is continuously changing.

Last edited:

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Thanks. So one can build real circuits once those tutorials are completed and understood?
As stated it's not an overnight process.I have my students for 20 months,6 hours a day,5 days a week. In that time I get them ready for an entry level position.
Knowledge is power.