Lead acid battery brands

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by HKPolice, Oct 10, 2013.

1. HKPolice

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Shopping for some UPS batteries for an APC Smart-UPS and was wondering which SLA brands are most reputable?

The genuine APC batts used to be made by CSB (Made in Vietnam) but then they switched to BB battery (Made in China) and recently I saw a pack with Kung Long batteries (Also Vietnam).

Ideally I'd like the battery to last more than 5 years so are the 'extended life' variants actually worth it?

Thanks in advance!
  2. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    About the only thing I use SLA for is inside my car, but if I was concerned about quality I'd pick the manufacturer with the best warranty.

I figure anyone willing to anti up money on the table with me is playing the same game I am, and is convinced his product is solid.
  3. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
    Powersonic and Yuasa are both good.
    #12 likes this.

Nov 30, 2010
    So many changes in the lead acid battery market lately. Difficult to know where to find quality. Even famous name stores are stocking bad quality and charging like their famous name on the label is valuable.:mad:
  5. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Yuasa used to be the bee's knees, but IMO the quality is not what it used to be, these days I tend to go for Varta.
    #12 likes this.
  6. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    I'm with KJ6ED. Panasonic and Yuasa. (Widely used in medical kit).
    #12 likes this.