LCD requirement

sanwa

Joined Jan 18, 2009
I'd built my circuit though the circuit is quite complicated. However it seems like my LCD module show nothing when the circuit is being connected. Might want to ask what is the minimum requirement to run a LCD module? At least i can know is it functioning. I am using this model: JHD162A.

I use 9V source supply and I measured the voltage at the Vdd as 1V, Vout around 0.2V.

Thanks for guidance.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
As far as I can tell, the JHD162A LCD uses a KS0066 controller, which is a Samsung clone of the Hitachi HD44780. See the attached datasheet.

The HD44780 requires a specific series of commands to "wake it up". I don't remember what they are offhand.

Meanwhile, it would help if you posted a schematic of your current circuit configuration.

Attachments

sanwa

Joined Jan 18, 2009
As far as I can tell, the JHD162A LCD uses a KS0066 controller, which is a Samsung clone of the Hitachi HD44780. See the attached datasheet.

The HD44780 requires a specific series of commands to "wake it up". I don't remember what they are offhand.

Meanwhile, it would help if you posted a schematic of your current circuit configuration.
This is the schematic
Might to know the wake it up commands ...
but as i know KS0066 is compatible with HD44780