LCD module shows READ ERROR frequently

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Hello All,

So finally I got a hold off of our faulty unit, and we seen that as we remove LCD Display from Unit machine start work normally(Accept Card and Everything). So newer display causing an error for Card read and rest. As soon we put back old display it again start work normally. We checked with differnt card reader, differnt controller and found same error with newer display. Anybody run across this problem.
Why was the old display taken off?

new122

Joined Feb 5, 2013
It is just planned upgrade with little modification and planning to buy local made display.The modification is only on Machine body nothing to do with Electrical side or Controller side and Card reader side. Everything Same just display was differnt. We can go back to OLD Display , but my company wants sufficent reason behind this error.

RG23

Joined Dec 6, 2010
It is just planned upgrade with little modification and planning to buy local made display.The modification is only on Machine body nothing to do with Electrical side or Controller side and Card reader side. Everything Same just display was differnt. We can go back to OLD Display , but my company wants sufficent reason behind this error.

First of all it is not possible to just change the display to a new one and make it work right away.

As I told you before the controller is programmed to display the required stuff on the older display.

It is absolutely necessary to modify the program before getting the result on the newer display.

How does the controller know that you have changed the display?

One thing that is quite surprising is how are you getting those messages like wrong card read etc.

Do you have the program that writes to the older display?

Does that program include such messages?

If it does then I guess the initialization routines for the displays are quite similar and the program may be compatible to both the displays and there is some other issue you need to look into.

new122

Joined Feb 5, 2013

First of all it is not possible to just change the display to a new one and make it work right away.
We tried to swap display for one differnt machine and it worked fine for both display.

As I told you before the controller is programmed to display the required stuff on the older display.

It is absolutely necessary to modify the program before getting the result on the newer display.
I will look on this from Program side. Thanks

How does the controller know that you have changed the display?
Even we tried some other display as well from differnet manufacturer. All working good.

One thing that is quite surprising is how are you getting those messages like wrong card read etc.

Do you have the program that writes to the older display?
we are using same program.

Yes those messages are written on Controller programming message section.

If it does then I guess the initialization routines for the displays are quite similar and the program may be compatible to both the displays and there is some other issue you need to look into.
Thanks RG23 for extensive look up. We here team is even suprised on this LCD display effect at such a way. One Que:-Is it possible that LCD dispaly sending reset signal to controller(I am just curious) which possibly lead on losing data which Card Reader sent to controller? FYI our card reader can work on Magstripe Card, Barcode Card and Proximity card As well.

Thanks again for your inputs so far.
All of you and this forum is really helpful to people like me who are new in Electronics World

RG23

Joined Dec 6, 2010
We tried to swap display for one differnt machine and it worked fine for both display.

which machine are you talking about?

RG23

Joined Dec 6, 2010
Even we tried some other display as well from differnet manufacturer. All working good.

I dont get your point.

you tried some other display from different manufacturer and it works. Is that what you mean?

Why not stick to that display then?

RG23

Joined Dec 6, 2010
Yes those messages are written on Controller programming message section.

Check using a debugger and put breakpoints in your code and try to figure out what condition prompts that message to be displayed.

There should be specific conditions in your code which trigger those particular messages to be displayed.

new122

Joined Feb 5, 2013
Currently my company decided to send that faulty unit back to our testing facility , which will be handed to our expert who originally design and replaced. Will keep posted if they found solutiion wrt display.
So I would say this thread is temporary closed.

Thanks Again All!!!

Regards,