LCD/LED controller board

Bassalisk

Joined Jul 12, 2011
Hello,

You ever had an old broken laptop with a working LCD display?

Well, I do and I wanted it to salvage it. Thing is I don't know first thing about controlling an LCD display.

There exists a controller available for purchase at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-NT68676-2...ontroller-Board-Diy-Monitor-Kit-/110977522562

What I want it to make one myself. I know it will take up to a year or so but I want this to be my side project.

If you guys know some resources for making such circuit, that would be great.

I am mainly aiming for references for digital image processing and eletronic representation.

Thanks.

Bassalisk

Joined Jul 12, 2011
It is no mean feat, the first thing would be to get the manufacturers scanning requirement information on the LCD.
Al.
I am well aware of that. My main point here is that if these guys could build such circuit, they had to get the base knowledge somewhere.

I have decent understanding of communications channel, fairly good math and no problem reading English references.

I have datasheet for my display. Therefore I have necessary information on pins, backlights etc. Problem is: how do I prepare such display for VGA output, or even better DVI?

I need a reference that could cover how graphic interfaces are made on laptops or so.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
"Those guys" didn't make anything.. They copied someone elses design down to the mistakes and produce it China..

BUT besides having years of experience in an electronic field one might start by going to an IC manufacturers website and finding the proper ICs and reading the datasheet.. The datasheets will give you more than enough information to get started..

However one might suggest you start with a smaller project..