LCD display without microprocessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
OK, i will buy LCD screen character one(simple), what all component it will have behind it...

As LCD work in AC 2V, is it is build circuit which do this convergence DC to AC??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

Today i got the LCD display it has 16 pin 8 for data, i have downloaded the data sheet pls tell how to use it without any controller only........basic logic gates..!!

Thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Well... let's see, you need to take the output of the ADC, which is hopefully a parallel output (which is very rare these days indeed), build a logic circuit to parse out the word data into 4 bit decimal quantities, convert them to ASCII characters (probably the simplest part of this project as you just have to set the 4 most significant bits to 0111), and write some sort of sequencer to present each ASCII word to the display and clock it in.

I do expect you to use a 555 for master the clock.

By the way, this is going to take dozens of chips and weeks to wire it up. It would probably be quicker to learn how to use a micro controller and do it all inside one chip.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
RS INSTRUCTION/DATAREGISTER SELECTION RS= 0 : INSTRUCTION REGISTER
RS = 1 : DATA REGISTER

R/W READ/WRITE SELECTION R/W = 0 : REGISTER WRITE R/W = 1 : REGISTER READ

E ENABLE SIGNAL

These function i don't understand, in LCD display what the use of registers in this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.