LCD digital bracelet

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by SimonL, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SimonL

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Hello all,

I have been trying to make a wearable lcd bracelet on my own for some time now. I started out using an arduino uno + a serial lcd.

I was successful at getting text to display. But the arduino is too big and so is the lcd. Too big to fit on a wrist and be worn as a bracelet.

Step 2 was finding alternative components. With some research, I discovered a arduino model that's as tiny as a coin (the femtoduino), and this time I switched the serial lcd with a nokia 6600 color lcd.

And this is where I am stuck.

From what I gather, most people here are probably beyond things like arduinos. I personally, don't have that much technical experience myself and so I have been trying to make a simple version one using these components.

What I'd like to ask, is if anyone has experience programming LCDs here who could give me some assistance. I am even willing to pay if anyone is willing to take on the project.

Has anyone built anything similar to this?

Thanks.

2. sirch2

Jan 21, 2013
    Nothing to do with your LCD question, but it may be worth knowing that you can use your Arduino Uno to programm an ATMEL chip directly, so you can make it as small as the chip itself. Also going "bare-bones" means you can just power your AVR chip-of-choice from a battery, missing out the regulator, etc (although you may need this for your LCS anyway.

3. trader007

Feb 27, 2010
    all of the major manufacturers are working on digital bracelets. Not sure if you want something functional, or are just looking for a project... But if you want something that just works, just wait a few more months. Google's bracelet is surely to be a handy device (pun).