LCD Controller info needed

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I just purchased a couple of 3-1/2 inch LCD units with the intent of doing a mirror display from a remote camera. I've done others in the past by finding a data sheet for the controller and doing whatever was needed to the proper pins. My problem is, I can't find a data sheet on the controller in this display. It is marked MST703-LF. A search turns up all kinds of sites offering sale of these, but so far, no data sheets. I then thought, maybe I could do something with the LCD panel itself. It is marked FPC4304005. Likewise, I can find all kinds of places that say they sell them, but no data sheet. It has 4 jumpers labeled YT, YB, XL and XR. Searches on these terms indicates that they may be used for touch panels to indicate the four corners. Any ideas out there?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
The units are pretty nice in as much as they have auto switching for NTSC/PAL, and two video inputs with Input 2 having priority. The three switches provide menu functions for Brightness, Contrast and 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio. Pictures are attached. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
No I haven't. I just sent an e-mail today to one of the vendors I found in my Google search. Do you have the same display I have? It really is nice but I need mirror function.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
From a couple of searches on Google, I've found that the manufacturer is MSTAR, based in Taiwan. If you can find an MSTAR distributor or sales contact, ask them for the technical information on the controller.