LaunchPad MCU Programmer

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
I ordered two the other day when it was linked by Markd77... I should have it tomorrow.
Not really sure what I'm going to do with it, I've just been wanting to play with microcontrollers at home and never had a chance.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I ordered two the other day when it was linked by Markd77... I should have it tomorrow.
Not really sure what I'm going to do with it, I've just been wanting to play with microcontrollers at home and never had a chance.
I do not think I have time right now to get involved. But the deal look very tempting. If you want to do some Uc work just get one and get started. Who need an Aduino. And it is a kick in the but to Microchip, and Atmel. A problem may be that the MCU series compatible with low cost development board only have one 16 bit timer. But I may be wrong on that point http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index...HQS=Other+OT+launchpadwiki#Compatible_Devices

Ghar

Joined Mar 8, 2010
Well already something I expected... the 'free' code composer studio is really a 'free 30 day evaluation'

The free one, IAR Embedded Workbench, has a 4kb program size limitation.
Doesn't really concern me at the moment though since the uC has only 2kb of flash.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The FREE CCS version can be used with all MSP430 development kits without a time restriction. The free version is Code size limited to 16kB for the MSP430 series. But it took me a lot of reading to find that out.