latching relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebgsi

Joined Jan 28, 2014
hi, new to the forum and am keen when it comes to electrics.

i am good with car electrics and know the basics, relays, fuses, circuit basics blah blah
i have got my head round a normal latching relay circuit, this is reasonably basic however it involves two switches (one to break the earth and 'de-latch' the circuit)
anyway the basics of what i want to achieve are, i have a 12volt circuit in my car (obviously) and i want to earth a wire in order to activate something, however the switch i want to use is a 'push to make' switch.

obviously this switch is ideal to activate the latching relay, but then ideally i would like to use this switch as an on and off button.

from google searching, a single switch latching circuit seems incredibly complex in comparison to a two switch system.

can someone explain/ simplify the single switch latching circuit, or shall i give up now and just modify my switch haha

cheers in advance
dave

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC. If you have been following the other closed thread below you would see that you have a problem here.

The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

We will be happy to discuss other things electronic as long as they are not restricted topics.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.