Latching relay lock out circuit

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Gigantos, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Gigantos

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Hello, I am trying to build a circuit with 3 latching relays, that are wired to l.e.d's with push buttons to turn them on, I'm trying to make it so, if you push button 1 light 1 turns on, and locks out relay 2 and 3, so that even if you push the buttons they won't engage, and then button number 2 shuts down 1 and 3, and button 3 shuts down 1 and 2, I have a diagram drawn, I will include it, it looks right on paper, but after I assemble it on my bread board, it just functions like a giant buzzer system lol, the number 1 relay is some how feeding common ground two the other 2 relays, it's the only one that does it. Basically, think game show lock out type system.
  2. Gigantos

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to attach a picture from my iPad to the site, I'll work on it a bit, and hopefully post it soon.
  3. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    There are other possibilities not using latching relays, but let's work with what you have.

So, what latching relay you have? single coil or dual coil? How many contacts?
  4. crutschow

Mar 14, 2008
  5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010

This is how I would do it. Not knowing exactly what type of relays you have, I can't say whether its possible the way you want to do it, but this will work.