Latched relay circuit

robbar891

Joined Mar 22, 2011
looking for a circuit that has an input of 6v - 24v 0.5sec to latch a relay for 2sec then release. I have 10 different inputs & 10 outputs, could i use some of the same circuitry.:rolleyes:

many thanks

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You're going to have to help a bit more. 6 to 24 volts at what current capabilty? Microamps, whole amps?
It's present for 1/2 second and then gone so it won't retrigger the timer?
Same circuitry as what?

robbar891

Joined Mar 22, 2011
sorry new here!
It is about 1A & is gone (not triggered again)
Do i have to have 10 lots of the same circuit or can i use some of the same componentry?

kam-22

Joined Nov 21, 2011
I'm working on the same idea for a project at the moment...

the circuit needs to turn on/off every 9 seconds plus activate 3 12 relays with 4 contact's each and in turn this will latch/switch different circuits at once and also have a counter added to show how many times the circuits are being activated.

so far,i've built the timer switcher and now need to work on the relay circuits..

this is on going..

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
sorry new here!
It is about 1A & is gone (not triggered again)
Do i have to have 10 lots of the same circuit or can i use some of the same componentry?
I think so unless you use a mcu. You have to make one input and one output work first before you attempt to tackle 10 inputs and 10 outputs problems. For me I would just duplicate the circuits and make one PCB out of them.

The complicated part about your circuit is the wide input level of 6-24V. If you can bring the range to a fixed level (e.g. 5V), it would be easy to trigger a non-retrigerable monostable like 555 or a TTL or CMOS monos. The output of the monostable would then be connected to a relay where you derive you 2S pulse.

Last edited:

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If you have 10 circuits to be triggered manually, and there is a possibility that two or more will be active a the same time, you will need 10 individual timing circuits. Look into using NE555 or NE556 timers with transistor drivers for the relays.

I type too slow, ABSF!!