Laser Security Alarm problem

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by maii03, Feb 27, 2013.

1. maii03

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2013
  2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Whether or not this is possible, using the existing hardware, depends on the hardware used. If it has a microcontroller, odds are you won't be able to change it without replacing the controller.

Do you have a schematic for the "Photo sensor controller"?

3. maii03

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 27, 2013
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g44eg&s=6

Hi tshuck, thank you for checkin' out my post.
    I took a picture of the photo controller for the meantime while I'm trying to obtain its schematic.

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Can't see a schematic.

Please attach as a .PNG using the paperclip icon (top row, beside the A for font color) in the advanced reply editor.

First problem is using a photoresistor instead of a phototransistor for the detector, I'd also guess you have a large capacitor RC that needs to be charged before the comparator/transistor can switch on to power the buzzer.

5. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I would start by monitoring the dc voltages across the capacitors, and see which one charges or discharges in the same time as the delay, then change the capacitor for a smaller value , lower in capacitance.

6. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    Yeah, look s pretty easy to modify.. Dave's suggestion seems like a sound one...

7. CVMichael

Aug 3, 2007
    For testing, you can just put a resistor in parallel with the capacitor, start with a 100K resistor, and see if the delay time changes, if not, lower the resistor to 10K, and check the delay time, and so on...