Laser Pointer put together with glue?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ncienice, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ncienice

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Pls help me!
    I have problem with my broken laser. I bought this Nether series green laser pointer from a Hong Kong company 1 year ago. It was using good, and I used it in my laboratory. But last week, it was dead.
    My son came to my office and used it when I was out. He told me he just wanted to adjust its beam. But he had just put off the laser head totally. The lens was broken, and it cannot be pointed on any longer. I have tried to put my laser together with glue, but nothing works. It is dead now.
    I have tried to ask LaserTo.com for requirement, but one year warranty period has passed away.
    I really need this laser in my work. What should I do now?
    What can I do to recover my laser pointer now? I really love this laser. Is there any good method to make it work again?
    [​IMG]

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    My guess is no. I'm guessing from the photo that the laser itself is broken. You MIGHT be able to replace the laser LED if you can find the right replacement, but it might be difficult or impossible. Unlikely worth your time and effort, especially if something else is also broken or burnt out from the incident. Maybe someone else here will be more optimistic.

3. ncienice

Mar 8, 2012
    I have tried to contact my seller laserto, but one year warranty has passed. I was told this product has stopped production.
    Anyone else can help me to recover my laser?
    If I chang the broken lens, can my laser work again?

4. ncienice

Mar 8, 2012
    Good news to me. My supplier contacted me last week, and they found a used lens during their product examination. I received the lens now, and my laser can open once again.
    Thanks for your suggestion. :)