large hadron collidor links

Discussion in 'Physics' started by boby4u, Feb 6, 2008.

1. boby4u

Thread Starter Member

Jun 1, 2007
    hello dear friends.
    I have a project on Large Hadron Collider.
    but haven't found anything great yet. all the informations on the web were general informations not very much good for
    a modern physics project.I looked around Wikipedia but the informations were small and a little basic.
    Most of the discussion about the LHC on a standard 'Google' search is either too "pop media" to give any real information about how this works, or published by people whose scientific opinions hold no credibility. (e.g. christian scientists or whatnot) I was hoping someone here could elaborate on the theory, or at the very least point me to somewhere more credible where I could learn about it for myself.
    would you mind finding some articles on this subject for me.
    waiting for you......

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    You don't get greatly detailed information about large projects like that because the universities and scientific outfits tend to be using Internet 2 for papers and such. The library at a large university's physics department might be a good source for more complete data.

3. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
  4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    If you search from a university network computer (at a university library for example) then you will have access to most published papers through Google Scholar and many of the academic databases. That assuming you can get access to university library computers of course.

Dave