Lanmeter 683

Nibbler

Joined Jan 27, 2013
I am looking for the Fluke Utility Disk for the lanmeter series. The test device was discontinued in 2003 and the software was once available on the flukenetworks.com site but has since been removed because they have end-of-lifed support for them.

Anyone have a copy of the 3.5" disk or know where the files can be found. I have searched via google and various file repositories and found nothing. Since the manufacturer offered the files on their site for free I assume it is not something that can't be distributed.

I would be willing to pay for the disk, or a copy of the disk, or the zipped contents of the disk.

I am also looking for the firmware upgrade 9.5 for the 683 unit. It also was available from the OEM on their web and FTP sites. The utility disk has the program needed to apply the firmware upgrade.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
That was a great suggestion!

Alas, the file links are broken but it does show them.

I wonder if the waybackmachine caches download files too, that would take up a lot of space...
Did you try the latest available page with download link? Or did you try whatever page you found first?

You could just contact Fluke and see if they send you the program or re establish the download page on their website.

Nibbler

Joined Jan 27, 2013
Did you try the latest available page with download link? Or did you try whatever page you found first?

You could just contact Fluke and see if they send you the program or re establish the download page on their website.
I did try various pages and links. Contacting Fluke led to them telling me the device is no longer supported and whether I want to purchase the new $30K replacement tool :D

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
that's like the MODUS diagnostics tool from snap-on I have.. 18k for the scanner and 1.5k each year for vehicle updates.. bastards