Ladder Logic Question

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
So this would accomplish if there is a jam in between sensor 1 and 2 and no sensor is being block3d, I would still get my jam triggered?
yes, because the alarm will trigger if an envelope sits in front of the sensor for 3 seconds, or if no envelope is in front of the sensor for 3 seconds.

So if a jam occurs between sensor sensor 1 and 2, sensor#2 will alarm because no envelopes will pass by it anymore after the jam, and sensor #1 will likely also alarm immediately following, as envelopes start backing up and block it for >3sec.

Stephen Hayden

Joined Dec 19, 2014
yes, because the alarm will trigger if an envelope sits in front of the sensor for 3 seconds, or if no envelope is in front of the sensor for 3 seconds.

So if a jam occurs between sensor sensor 1 and 2, sensor#2 will alarm because no envelopes will pass by it anymore after the jam, and sensor #1 will likely also alarm immediately following, as envelopes start backing up and block it for >3sec.

Ok I get it now. Very helpful thank you all very much. Will post update in Monday as to if I can get it to work