Labview

maksud

Joined Feb 26, 2009
is there one who can help to solve the problem in labview plz....

This assignment is designed to work on a set of sampled data taken from a strain gauge. The samples are stored in an appropriate array of up to 100 elements. A correct value should be greater than or equal to zero or less than or equal to 5 volts:

0 < value < 5 (V)

Specification 1 (80%)

To design a VI that will identify the position of and the number of any ‘overshoot’ values (a value greater than 5) and the position of and number of any ‘undershoot’ values (a value less than 0)

The front panel will consist of the following:

An array of controls holding the sampled values.

An array of indicators holding the index values of where each overshoot occurred

An array of indicators holding the index values of where each undershoot occurred

An indicator holding the total number of overshoot values.

An indicator holding the total number of undershoot values.

Hint: Research Build array and Initialise array functions.

Specification 2 (100%)

To design a VI that will attempt to meet specification 1. However if 5 successive values are overshoots or five successive values are undershoots then the data is corrupt. If this occurs analysis will be aborted and an error LED will be illuminated.

Thav

Joined Oct 13, 2009
I'll second that. I used to work for NI, and I at the time (2006) there were members of each team that answered questions on those forums as part of their job function.

I think you will also have more luck getting a response if you show what you've done so far. It looks like maybe you ran into this problem and immediately posted here without having attempted. Maybe you didn't, but just posting the problem and no interpretation from you makes it looks like you did.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
is there one who can help to solve the problem in labview plz....

This assignment is designed to work on a set of sampled data taken from a strain gauge. The samples are stored in an appropriate array of up to 100 elements. A correct value should be greater than or equal to zero or less than or equal to 5 volts:

0 < value < 5 (V)

Specification 1 (80%)

To design a VI that will identify the position of and the number of any ‘overshoot’ values (a value greater than 5) and the position of and number of any ‘undershoot’ values (a value less than 0)

The front panel will consist of the following:

An array of controls holding the sampled values.

An array of indicators holding the index values of where each overshoot occurred

An array of indicators holding the index values of where each undershoot occurred

An indicator holding the total number of overshoot values.

An indicator holding the total number of undershoot values.

Hint: Research Build array and Initialise array functions.

Specification 2 (100%)

To design a VI that will attempt to meet specification 1. However if 5 successive values are overshoots or five successive values are undershoots then the data is corrupt. If this occurs analysis will be aborted and an error LED will be illuminated.

I agree with the others that you'll get a more complete answer from the Labview forum (I'm a trusted regular on there). However, just for a quicky answer.... The WAVEFORM tools allow you to search any waveform for a max or min. You can use this to flag an overshoot. You can then use the "get waveform components" vi to extract the time stamp of the sample point. (Each data point of a Labview waveform has a complete time stamp).

Hope this gets you started.

eric

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
This is a quite easy task in Labview. All that is needed is a for loop. At least for specification 1. Specification 2 is also quit doable. But this section is for help not solving a complete assignment.
Anyway maksud. You should try the Labview forum. But if you want help you have to do much better in telling the Labview forum what you have done so far and why you struggle. Now it looks more like you are fishing for an easy way out of your homework

maksud

Joined Feb 26, 2009
well i finished the first part ........but need to do the second part .can you give me some idea to do the second part .

thanks .