Labview Interface with FPGA or Microcontroller

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by lkgan, Dec 19, 2009.

1. lkgan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I have done a project using PIC microcontroller interfacing with Labview and it's nice to see them communicating with each other. Currently I am learning FPGA using development board and it's pretty cool to run my verilog coding and dealing lots of digital stuff. Anyone have idea on how to communicate FPGA with Labview? And is it worth learning both Labview and FPGA as they are quite "powerful" by themselves? I am an electronics lover and would like to invent and go into something that's special or rather can makes me learn a lot. Any comment?

2. virajnirikshakaushik

Feb 10, 2010
    hey ikgan... m working on interfacing of labview with 8051..
    as u hv already worked on it...please guide me through this.. i need all the details for the same
    can u explain me in detail ?

3. lkgan

Thread Starter Member

Dec 18, 2009
    hi,

There are several serial communication examples in the Labview software itself, you can start from there. Try to use your microcontroller and send out data periodically to Labview as you sent out to PC com port. Once you managed to capture the data, you can manipulate it by first storing in an array. Your labview programme have to keep pooling to get the data. The given example would be a good start for you.

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    What kind of data transfer rate do you need from your device to Labview

5. vigneshwarr

Mar 7, 2010
    hi
    im new to laview. i need to interface labview with microcontroller pic. im doing my final year project.please help me

6. n9352527

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2005
    You can go through the same route and create an UART in the FPGA to communicate serialy with Labview. That's the easiest way. There is also the possibility of communicating through USB, if your dev board support USB port.

7. kubeek

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    What kind of school is that? I suppose that it is a university, don´t you have some teacher to help you with it?
    As for the interface, you can use for example USB.