Labor Day Weekend Picnics

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Any body having a labor day picnic, are you hitting the road for a good time.

Fuel is cheap in Florida.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
So far this weekend our family has made:
- 2 ea, one gallon bags of dried watermelon.
- 2 different types of beef jerky
- smoked chicken legs
- smoked salt

And sometime this week, it's time to grill the fajita meat.
Tomorrow it's burgers at the son's house.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Did you get your deep-fried cheese curd and see the cow statue carved from butter? Take a ride down the giant slide?
Those must be mainstays, because they had them all. I didn't do any of these things, but I sipped some locally brewed honey wheat beer, saw some real cows, looked at some really old farm machinery and visited the Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources. And finally, I ate some deep-fried cheese curd at P. D. Pappys in Stillwater.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Those must be mainstays, because they had them all. I didn't do any of these things, but I sipped some locally brewed honey wheat beer, saw some real cows, looked at some really old farm machinery and visited the Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources. And finally, I ate some deep-fried cheese curd at P. D. Pappys in Stillwater.
We used to go every year and those were the "must see" items, along with the old farm implement area (aka - "Machinery Hill") that you mentioned. How could I forget "Machinery Hill"!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
My fiancee and I went to a dance at a campground about 40 miles north of where I live. Live band playing old Country and Rock n' Roll music. Met her family there and had an amazing dinner (grilled chicken and fresh venison -- her father is a hunter) and had a great time. Made for a pretty late night though :D

Matt

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
There is a neighborhood association at my summer home. We have a Labor Day picnic every year. I am on the board of directors, and help organize. Hamburgers, Hot ogs and whatever the families bring, like chili, quahogs, salads, deserrts... My job is Games Master. I run several games for the children, such as sack race, leaky cup race, pickle spit, etc... There's usual a couple dozen children of all ages (up to 18)