1. cpleng7

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    is that the motor driver cannot have the common ground with the microcontroller?

2. lihle

Apr 12, 2009
    try to be more explanatory so that we can see what your problem. i dont like guess work since now i have to guess.

ok.The motor driver can use the same common ground but if you are using bread board try to check if your wires are connected firmly. as for the veroboard check that you have solder correctly then test. try to verify your connection. current i am using one h-bridge i have developed personally sharing the same GND with the micro controller.

3. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    actually now i am using the motor driver and the MCU in the PCB board that design by me

i have try the simualtion in the proteus software the coding can work. but after i work out with the circuit in the PCB i found out the voltage that given out from the port will drop to 0.++ after a few turn of the dc motor.

I not sure what is the problem on there. is that we can't use tamiya motor with the motor driver?

or current too small produce by the motor driver?

4. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    some more the problem is the microcontroller will heat up when the switch is on.

can some can help to solve the problem?

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Post your schematic.

6. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
  7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    According to your schematic you have not used a series resistor on the LEDs connected to the CPU. That is a NO-NO. Use around 300 Ohm. Or calculate the series resistor with data from the LED data sheet

8. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    yaya i have burn the all three led

by the where is that my connection of the diode is correct? the diode is using correct?