Ktuluino Soldering

Seveen

Joined Dec 4, 2013
how would I solder an ktuluino project from the following site: http://www.techunboxed.com/2013/08/ktuluino.html

I've designed my own visual layout for a ktuluino/arduino type product and it isn't the usual square that you see in such a board but am wondering on the following:

(1) How to solder the projects using a simple visual aid as i do not know how to read the blueprints on the site

(2) what to make the actual board itself out of and how to make the board and things like that.

Any help would be appreciated and when and if the project is ever completed and I'm able to sell a few I'll try to send out a few to the first 2 people who answer the questions above.

Seveen

Joined Dec 4, 2013
Also wondering where and how to hook up the usb part of the project as I'm going to have the usb part of the hookup for hooking up to the computer a seperate physical part of the project to protect against theft and later use.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
how would I solder an ktuluino project from the following site: http://www.techunboxed.com/2013/08/ktuluino.html

I've designed my own visual layout for a ktuluino/arduino type product and it isn't the usual square that you see in such a board but am wondering on the following:

(1) How to solder the projects using a simple visual aid as i do not know how to read the blueprints on the site

(2) what to make the actual board itself out of and how to make the board and things like that.

Any help would be appreciated and when and if the project is ever completed and I'm able to sell a few I'll try to send out a few to the first 2 people who answer the questions above.
How did you design a layout for the board if you don't know how to read a schematic? Do you mean you have just decided how you want to arrange the components on a pcb, but you don't know how to connect them?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
How did you design a layout for the board if you don't know how to read a schematic? Do you mean you have just decided how you want to arrange the components on a pcb, but you don't know how to connect them?
He just drew a circle.. and called it his non-square visual layout :D

So you are asking how to solder AND how to design printed circuit boards AND how to make them.. Thats quite a lot of information and I can tell thats going to be a long back and forth exchange..

Maybe you should have asked. How do I use the search function on this website and also that crazy site linking to a mass of information known as google?

Seveen

Joined Dec 4, 2013
We'll man I found this site a site that talks about the parts for a microcontroller but no soldering instructions and thought I'd ask

"Tracecom": I just drew a green ranger like symbol on a piece of paper and drew where I wanted the components to be and don't know much at all about soldering those are really my main questions cause I found a site that sorda explains how to make a pcb but haven't quite figured it all out yet.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
We'll man I found this site a site that talks about the parts for a microcontroller but no soldering instructions and thought I'd ask

"Tracecom": I just drew a green ranger like symbol on a piece of paper and drew where I wanted the components to be and don't know much at all about soldering those are really my main questions cause I found a site that sorda explains how to make a pcb but haven't quite figured it all out yet.
In order to lay out a PCB, you must be able to read a schematic diagram. Placing the components on the PCB is often dictated by which components connect to one another. From your questions, it seems that you need more background in electronics before you can build your own Arduino clone. Maybe you should just buy an Arduino and learn to program it as your first step.

If your desire is to learn to solder and make PCBs, then you would be better off to buy some electronic kits (simple kits at first), and assemble those. That is the way many hobbyests start.