knowing a simple multimeter with needle -batteryless

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by munsif33, Jan 2, 2011.

1. munsif33

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    hi , I read some literature about analogue multimeter, in the website all about circuits, on the following link. I wanted to know about ohms scale ina an analogue multimeter, which uses needle reading

file://localhost/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/munsif/Desktop/Voltmeter%20usage%20_%20BASIC%20CONCEPTS%20AND%20TEST%20EQUIPMENT.mht

Set your multimeter to the highest resistance range available. The resistance function is usually denoted by the unit symbol for resistance: the Greek letter omega (Ω), or sometimes by the word "ohms." Touch the two test probes of your meter together. When you do, the meter should register 0 ohms of resistance. If you are using an analog meter, you will notice the needle deflect full-scale when the probes are touched together, and return to its resting position when the probes are pulled apart.

my comments

I set the multimeter to the highest resistance range, and touched both the test probes together, but needle did not deflect the full scale. I purchased a very simple smallest needle multimeter. it does not use battery.

munsif ali from pakistan

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    I would suggest that you have a meter movement that will indicate current.

If you understand the process of determining the resistance of component, you will see that a source of current - at the very least a battery - is necessary. See the link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohmmeter

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Please do not continue hijacking threads with this question. You have an answer by following the link above.