know about the logic diagram of 74LS160 IC?

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by rampart, Jun 6, 2007.

1. rampart

Thread Starter Member

May 30, 2007
    I want to know about the logic diagram of the 74LS160 IC component (a 4-bit Decade Counter(clr)). Can someone give any help?...can you give me a link to the logic construction of the above IC (and other similar ICs)? Can I find these ICs in PDF(portable document format)?
    Thanks,
    Fahad

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Google is your friend.

Search for the component of interest. One of the links will be the datasheet.

3. rampart

Thread Starter Member

May 30, 2007
    Google certainly is my buddy but the buddy is not much helpful in this case!...I have browsed the topic a lot but havent got my required thing as yet. Is there anyone to explain to me the 74LS160 IC's logic structure and functionality? Can someone tell me the difference between the ENT and ENP pins of the said IC? ("Beenthere" says that they are both enable pins. True. But whats the difference between the two? If they have the same function, why have they incorporated two pins for the same function? And yes I have seen somewhere the two being used differently but I could not decipher the difference between them! Please help....thanks,Fahad

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If you obtain the datasheet for the '160, all this is made clear.

5. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
  6. rampart

Thread Starter Member

May 30, 2007
    Thank you very much cumesoftware. The link cited by you is really very useful. Thanks to the other buddies as well for their cooperation.
    Regards, fahad