Kirlian Photography

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by iONic, Jul 10, 2011.

1. iONic

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 16, 2007
    Forward:
    The blue light around the fingertips is a photograph of the electrical discharges due to the conductivity of high voltage, high frequency electricity. The frequency excites the electrons to such a state that they ionize the air. The light from this ionization can be capured on film, as it is compsed of visible light. Metals and semi-conductors also produce discharges. A non-conducting, dry object, such as a piece of cardboard a shell, or hair will not produce any discharge.

The big Q:

Since hair is dry and "nonconductive", is there a way to "wet it" or make it conductive so that this type of photography is possible.

I know some use this gell-like substance to stick the object to the glass plate surface and that this substance itself seems to show up in the captures image.
    Can I assume then that if I thnly coat a strand of hair with this substance I could then proceed to make such images?

[​IMG]

Gell substance illuminated

Anyone have any ehperience with this?

2. iONic

Nov 16, 2007
    I guess a Photography forum might be the better place to pose this question...!?

3. RFactor

May 1, 2009
    Maybe dip it in some salty water and then let it dry?

4. iONic

Nov 16, 2007
    Well I do have some electrically conductive gel that I use for my TENS device. That just might do the trick.