Kimbo Slice fighting real MMA guy

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
12-13 sec.... WOW.

I was in a tournament once, and one of my team members, lasted for appx 5 sec. The opponent rushed in with a jab and a right cross. The poor guy stayed longer laying on the canvas than what he did standing up.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Well, this sort of thing happens in fighting. There has alot of professional fighters who've suffered flash knockdown/knockouts in fights. Not long ago, the UCF heavyweight champion was knocked out by a single punch within seconds of the beginning of the fight. This was the same fighter who ended Brock Lesner's reign as heavyweight champion. But Kimbo wasn't really knocked out. He was taking down by a kick, and, as I remember, didnt' have a ground game to recover with, and the fight was called pretty quickly by the ref.

Kimbo had better hands than just about anyone I've seen in MMA. He might have been a great boxer if he entered the sport at a younger age. Remember, he was already in his mid 30's when he turned pro. Most fighters peak in thier late 20's.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Oh he could open a can of Whoop ass. Just look at some of his other fights. But when he would go up against a proper competitor he typically got destroyed because he didn't have any ground game at all. Not even common sense, probably because he's rarely been knocked down and had to get back up in a fight. Wanna see a crazy fight, check out the 160lb asian vs the 600lb sumo guy. Suprise ending.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bun3Gv0FnBM

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I thought he was a pretty smart fighter. He knew enough to not to try to box when he faced Ray Mercer. Mercer would have eaten his lunch, but instead, Kimbo got the win, even going against his natural talent. Former heavyweight champion Tim Silvia wasn't that smart when he tried to face Mercer. Silvia got knocked out.