Kid sister inspires want for fart piano

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
Hello,

I do not get what you are saying.
Can you make a drawing or photo how things are connected?

Bertus
damn, that was parallel , in series the green led burns and electricity flows through the optocoupler because the green led lights up, would be impossible for the green led to light up if there's no electricity flowing through the optocoupler's led...

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
Hello,

I have done some calculation on the circuit using a 9 volts powersupply:

Put the MCT parallel with its own resistor.

Bertus
parallel? what do you wish to obtain, to protect the led surely it should be series? what will parallel obtain? Oh, and how do I measure if the MCT throbs? or are we getting to that?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

A red led has a typical forward voltage of 1.5 - 1.8 volts.
The infrared led in the MCT has a typical forward voltage of 1.2 - 1.5 volts.

The IR led will stay on longer as the red led, but the transfer in the MCT will also count in the result.

Bertus

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
not following, how does a resistor in parallel achieve what exactly; why is the forward voltage significant? and what is "the transfer"

btw I switched to the much less bright red LED, just for reference on what we are talking about.

and nothing throbs yet...

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I did some more calculation with the MCT led in the circuit:

With the transfer I mean how much effect the MCT led has in the MCT transistor.
If the led has more current, the transistor will also conduct more.
If you want the MCT led to be completely off , you could put a shottky diode in series, wich has a forward voltage of 0.2 - 0.5 volts.

Bertus

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
put two infra red leds in series with the 120 ohm resistor, that will make the leds fade to off,the voltage from the emitters to the posative supply swings from 1.6v to 4.6v,

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
Hello,

I did some more calculation with the MCT led in the circuit:

With the transfer I mean how much effect the MCT led has in the MCT transistor.
If the led has more current, the transistor will also conduct more.
If you want the MCT led to be completely off , you could put a shottky diode in series, wich has a forward voltage of 0.2 - 0.5 volts.

Bertus
ok, but now you have the mct in parallel to the red led (not series), and that makes it (the led) switch off... (my confusion earlier where you asked for a drawing was me putting it in parallel and not series) and the 100k is in series like I said, and not parallel like you suggested, and how will I know if the mct throbs, because neither the ultra bright green led or the normal red led throbs? the most important question is how do I test the MCT? (I wanna know if the throbing circuit throbs the MCT's infrared LED )

put two infra red leds in series with the 120 ohm resistor, that will make the leds fade to off,the voltage from the emitters to the posative supply swings from 1.6v to 4.6v,
I don't have infra red leds, only 10x MCT optocoupler/optoisolators

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
I know the leds inside the mct are infrared leds, http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Build-An-Optical-Theremin/ the youtube video at the end is what I want to simulate. the fart sound is made when light passes from transistor 1 to transistor 2, if I can make the infared leds inside the mct throb, I might be able to recreate the instructables fart theremin.
How do I make it fade? is there other fader circuits I should try, found a couple with google, dunno what to choose:

http://www.instructables.com/id/ThrobbingFading-LED-with-555-Timer/
http://www.555-timer-circuits.com/up-down-fading-led.html
http://www.instructables.com/id/No-CPU-MCU-led-pulse-fade/