Keyfinder?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys; anybody here knows about this software; i have a Laptop HP DV6 1259DX that i bought at Pawnshop and it came with Win7 Retail installed,i made an Image recovery Cd, but i think it only works if win 7 is installed in the hard drive, but if i need to re install Win 7 because of a HDD failure then i'm out of luck!,
since don't have Win product Key, my question i found this link with a way to find the key, does this works only if you have a Recovery CD? or can i retrieve the key and re install from a Win 7 ISO and use this key? thanks

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder-faq/

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Magic Jellybean has to try to read something. I don't know if it can read an ISO. You might have to install the ISO to get Jellybean to find the Product Key.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Magic Jellybean has to try to read something. I don't know if it can read an ISO. You might have to install the ISO to get Jellybean to find the Product Key.
Thanks i installed jellybean, and it found the key,how i go about to know if this key is the right one, without bothering my present win 7 install?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Thanks i installed jellybean, and it found the key,how i go about to know if this key is the right one, without bothering my present win 7 install?
Go online to, "activate" it with Micro$oft? Does it even need activation? Start the computer and ask the program if it is registered or activated or whatever they call it.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Go online to, "activate" it with Micro$oft? Does it even need activation? Start the computer and ask the program if it is registered or activated or whatever they call it.
You are confusing everything,i don't need no activation my win 7 is running great,i just want to to be prepared for an eventuality of having to replace the hard drive and at same time to know if the Key # i got from this software magicaljellybeen key finder, check link; is any good.

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder-faq/

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have used Jellybean a dozen times and it was always correct.

I don't know how to check a Product Key a second time except by seeing if Micro$oft will allow it to be used to validate the installed software.

Last edited:

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Thanks guys: these are results of the keyfinder.
i marked the Key with x's for privacy.
I also checked the bottom of the HP DV6 1259DX laptop to check if it's not the same ,and it's not,in this Hp laptop there was Win Vista installed from factory,and Win 7 was installed over Win vista,so my question is since i don't have the Win 7 CD that was installed in this machine,if i get a Win 7 ISO CD,will i be able to use this key? this is only in case the Hard Drive Fails, or if i want to try a free install of Win 10, and if i don't like it or they charge to much money ,or it doesn't work right in this machine, and i need to re-install Win7.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37379
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 40359-OEM-8999667-19010 match to CD Key data
CD Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Computer Name: HP-PC
Registered Owner: HP
Registered Organization:

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
Frank, sorry, i can't see the problem.

if you do an image of the hard drive, later the hard drive fails, you replace the drive and restore the image.

it doesn't prompt you for a key, only restores back to the date the image was created.

cheers

K3CFC

Joined Dec 4, 2012
Thanks guys: these are results of the keyfinder.
i marked the Key with x's for privacy.
I also checked the bottom of the HP DV6 1259DX laptop to check if it's not the same ,and it's not,in this Hp laptop there was Win Vista installed from factory,and Win 7 was installed over Win vista,so my question is since i don't have the Win 7 CD that was installed in this machine,if i get a Win 7 ISO CD,will i be able to use this key? this is only in case the Hard Drive Fails, or if i want to try a free install of Win 10, and if i don't like it or they charge to much money ,or it doesn't work right in this machine, and i need to re-install Win7.

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Product Part No.: X15-37379
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 40359-OEM-8999667-19010 match to CD Key data
CD Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Computer Name: HP-PC
Registered Owner: HP
Registered Organization:
By the time your HDD dies you should have enough pennies saved up to buy your very own copy of Win 7!!