Keyboard spacebar auto press

Terry Moore

Joined Nov 20, 2014
Hi Gang,

Been a lurker for awhile but I am wondering about a circuit I am trying to make. It is basically a circuit off indestructables from mothflavour2 that I want to modify. It was originally to make a rapid fire left click mouse button but I thought I could make it work for automatically clicking the spacebar for me to not go afk from a game.

Here is my plan. Where i have spacebar will be the A and B contacts that are for spacebar and I will be using the circuit from a usb keyboard and just those two pins that press spacebar. I put a switch in the system to turn it off and on. Any help appreciated.

Slide1.jpg

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Under a space bar is just a button...
What the keyboard sends to the computer when a button is pressed is not.

No reason you couldn't hack into the physical button under the spacebar.. Other than you being a cheater :)

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You could perhaps use the contacts of a reed relay, or an analogue switch such as a CD4066, to bridge the spacebar switch contacts.

Terry Moore

Joined Nov 20, 2014
Hi,

Im not very electronic savy but I try to find out anything i can. I drew up another circuit but not sure where the one end marked with a ? should go. One end of keyboard wire to ground and one to the pin 3 of the 555 ic.

Any help would be awesome.

Terry

Slide1.jpg

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
the keys are most likely not connected to ground, but are scanned, use an opto isolator connected to the output of the 555 timer. they scan keyboards to symplify the circuit. basicly scanning involves connecting the keys switches in coulums and rows each key is connected to a column and a row which give te keyboard chip its input.