Keyboard problem

Danys

Joined Jun 6, 2013
I have become owner of used laptop HP 2510p. Raw of keys was not working at all: 9 O L . I've ordered and replaced with new one, but problem didnt change a bit :( these keys still not working. Can anyone suggest where to look? Thank you.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Sounds like the keyboard encoder circuit could be defective, in which case, you may need a new motherboard. Check to see if the keyboard connects to a smaller board that is on the motherboard, or does it connect directly to the motherboard?

Danys

Joined Jun 6, 2013
So.. noone? There is no spare motherboard to test if this one is broken. It is not windows issue, cuz the same situation can be seen in DOS mode. Bios update didnt help either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danys

Joined Jun 6, 2013
Yep, extrenal and virtual keyboards working just fine. I've just checked circuits and wires - everything looks fine here too.. Im starting to believe that it could be motherborad chip, but maybe anyone would give me another idea to check.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
If you swapped in a new keyboard and the problem remains, it is with the something associated with that row, in either the motherboard or the wiring.

My vote would be the wiring, there is probably a flat cable connecting the KB to MB, the problem is likely a bad connection on one wire there.

Danys

Joined Jun 6, 2013
Problem was in a motherboard channel. Somehow it was interrupted. Now its all working. Thank you for your advices:)

Last edited: