keeping Young!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi All!

Anybody here knows the formula how to still look young although you growing old!? No wrinkles, or whatever...(I'm not talking about plastic surgery here!)

I mean for instance you are 60 but you still look 40 or you are 40 but look 30!?

I'm asking this coz I noticed my parents starting to look old and I'm not Happy!:(

Thanks!

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
I'm asking this coz I noticed my parents starting to look old and I'm not Happy!:
That's funny. I have the reverse problem. My mother is not happy that she sees me getting a bald spot on my head. She keeps telling me to use Rogaine. She's driving me nuts! :p I don't care if I go bald and I think everyone should be allowed to grow old gracefully. :rolleyes:

However, as a side note, my wife sells Avon and they have an amazing face moisturizer that makes the face look very young. If you are interested, I can ask her the name of it. I only mention it because I noticed a big difference when she started using it, and all of her customers think it is amazing.

Last edited:

DMahalko

Joined Oct 5, 2008
Stay out of the sun, use high SPF protection lotions or cover up when out in the sun, and don't use tanning beds. That's the number one cause of "looking old".

If you're already old and leathery, well it's really too late to do anything about it. You made your stupid choices when young, so now you must live with looking like a rawhide chew toy.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
However, as a side note, my wife sells Avon and they have an amazing face moisturizer that makes the face look very young. If you are interested, I can ask her the name of it. I only mention it because I noticed a big difference when she started using it, and all of her customers think it is amazing.
Yes please! Ask for the name of it and maybe I'll buy it for my mommy!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thats me and the fountain of youth,there are guys on the Forum that

can use numbers. I posted that picture in 2011 or near that,It was taken

on the first day of lobster season. That a real picture,good for my age.

I don't look that thrilled all the time, I have many looks,depend on my spirit.

Take It from that picture and enjoy life, do things to keep your self young.

I have stated that I gave up sitting on a stool to go out explore life. I never

give up on looking for new things to do. I like the name "Loose Change" and

I am going to do some thing with it. Watch for "loose Change" coming soon

to the Elbo Room,Mark 77 can explain that one.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
agree, stay out of the sun, but please do not use SPF lotions as they have chemicals in them, just cover up... do not use make-up and use natural moisturizers/lotions and soaps... also follows loosie's advise - ocean does wonders for rejuvenation

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Yes please! Ask for the name of it and maybe I'll buy it for my mommy!
OK, Avon makes something called Genics face treatment creme, which is amazing stuff. I have to confess that I started using it myself. It started because, when my face felt dry, it was sitting on the bathroom sink and I just used what was available. However, once I used it, I found that it noticeably made me look younger, especially under the eyes. I really don't mind starting to look old, but I don't like looking tired, and this stuff helps that tired look. Anyway, now I use every few days, and so I know it works well.

Note that there is also a Genics eye cream and forehead cream. My wife uses these too, but I think those are not as effective as the face cream. I suspect the eye cream is good because it does not sting the eyes, which the face cream does, if you are not careful. But, the eye cream does not have the same effect as far as I can tell. And, forehead cream? I guess only a women would understand the need for that.

http://reviews.avon.com/5588/42828/reviews.htm

Sorry to sound like a commercial, but it really is good stuff, and you did ask the question. :p

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
That's funny. I have the reverse problem. My mother is not happy that she sees me getting a bald spot on my head. She keeps telling me to use Rogaine. She's driving me nuts! :p I don't care if I go bald and I think everyone should be allowed to grow old gracefully. :rolleyes:

Tell me the name!:D

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
OK, Avon makes something called Genics face treatment creme, which is amazing stuff. I have to confess that I started using it myself. It started because, when my face felt dry, it was sitting on the bathroom sink and I just used what was available. However, once I used it, I found that it noticeably made me look younger, especially under the eyes. I really don't mind starting to look old, but I don't like looking tired, and this stuff helps that tired look. Anyway, now I use every few days, and so I know it works well.

Note that there is also a Genics eye cream and forehead cream. My wife uses these too, but I think those are not as effective as the face cream. I suspect the eye cream is good because it does not sting the eyes, which the face cream does, if you are not careful. But, the eye cream does not have the same effect as far as I can tell. And, forehead cream? I guess only a women would understand the need for that.

http://reviews.avon.com/5588/42828/reviews.htm

Sorry to sound like a commercial, but it really is good stuff, and you did ask the question. :p
ok,does this cream has any side-effect?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Anybody here knows the formula how to still look young although you growing old!? No wrinkles, or whatever...
Hakuna matata!
Don't worry, be happy!
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Stay out of the sun.
Don't drink or smoke (or drink in moderation).
No coffee or tea for me.
Get lots of exercise and good sleep.

Use MSM cream with aloe vera and vitamin E. Takes away blemishes.

Last edited:

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Sounds like you've been going along with the wife on sales pitches, performing as a live in-person testimonial. ;)
Ha ! You are not too far off, but I'm a reluctant participant. Basically, it is a little embarrassing at parties when my wife uses me as an example, and then tells her favorite joke, "See, because of this cream, he look good for a 67 year old guy". Of course, they all know I'm under 50, and laugh.

happyganl said:
ok,does this cream has any side-effect?
I'm not aware of any major side effects, based on feedback from my wife and her customers. However, I expect that any cream has a certain risk of allergic reactions, or minor skin irritations in a small percentage of people.

Also, I mentioned above, it does irritate the eyes if you are accidentally rub it into an eyeball. But, that is nowhere near as painful as rubbing your eyes after cutting up hot peppers. I know, because I've done both.

The closest thing to the fountain of youth that I have found has been moderate weight lifting for body tone, and good diet with no tea or coffee, since they both contain caffine which will wreak havoc on the old prostate for men over 40.

Lots of leg raises to the front and sides flatten the midriff like no amount of situps ever could, and sprinting in place twice weekly, with a foam mattress on the floor to soften the impact on knees and ankles, will chisel away the midriff fat that leg raises don't remove. A few laps in the swimming pool now and then is beneficial though not essential.

I can think of no more unproductive an endeavor than slow, time-consuming jogging, for it mostly just wastes away muscle tone and leaves the chronic jogger looking emaciated, even if they are "healthy" on the inside. Plus, those long distance joggers do have a nasty habit of dropping dead from cardiac overload.

As for the lines on your face, leave that for women to worry about, as those lines won't detract much from any man who maintains the fitness level and physique of a 25-year old, despite the passage of time beyond that birthday.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Ha ! You are not too far off, but I'm a reluctant participant. Basically, it is a little embarrassing at parties when my wife uses me as an example, and then tells her favorite joke, "See, because of this cream, he look good for a 67 year old guy". Of course, they all know I'm under 50, and laugh.

I'm not aware of any major side effects, based on feedback from my wife and her customers. However, I expect that any cream has a certain risk of allergic reactions, or minor skin irritations in a small percentage of people.

Also, I mentioned above, it does irritate the eyes if you are accidentally rub it into an eyeball. But, that is nowhere near as painful as rubbing your eyes after cutting up hot peppers. I know, because I've done both.
I heard a scientific report that this cream shrinks a man's penis.

On the serious side, don't fear age. It's not the destination but the journey.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hakuna matata!
Don't worry, be happy!
Don't sweat the small stuff.

Stay out of the sun.
Don't drink or smoke (or drink in moderation).
No coffee or tea for me.
Get lots of exercise and good sleep.

Use MSM cream with aloe vera and vitamin E. Takes away blemishes.
This is a very good formula!
I like the 'good sleep' part but that is not always easy as lots of factors may affect your quality of sleep (as we discussed in 'Hours of sleep')m

BTW I stopped driking 'coffee' as I suspected it as responsible for my insomnia problem...I'm pretty good now (I sleep like a baby now) but I drink tea now!

But Chips, what do you drink then since you neither drinking coffee nor tea!?

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
What!!! For real!? I don't see how or why it would affect a man's penis!
Please explain more or give any links that talks about it!
It's not a real side effect, but just a silly joke. :)

Actually, it has the opposite effect since my younger and less tired looks means more pretty girls are smiling at me! :p Certainly, that makes the journey more enjoyable.