keep the load on in the capacitor charge discharge circuit

d_c_robo

Joined Dec 12, 2014
hello friends

i am new on this forum and would like to ask a question on one of my projects.

1. i have a continuous power source which gives me a voltage of about 6 V and some mA current good enough to light a bunch of LED's which can give light and charge mobile batteries.
2. since I have a continuous power source i have to also use this power to be stored in a capacitor and discharge continuously for charging and discharging mobile batteries.
3. can anyone give me an idea how to built a circuit for this example.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What is the source of the continuous power?

Where is the charging regulator? Inside the phone, or are you attempting to build one external to the phone?

d_c_robo

Joined Dec 12, 2014
hi

source of continuous power is a normal rectifier circuit which gives dc output of 6 v

i need to build a charging discharging circuit based on a timer so that i can plug on and plug off the battery for charging it..

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
hi

source of continuous power is a normal rectifier circuit which gives dc output of 6 v

i need to build a charging discharging circuit based on a timer so that i can plug on and plug off the battery for charging it..
You didn't answer my question. Are you trying to build a charger that charges cell phone batteries where the battery is removed from the cell phone? If so, this is a very complicated project, much beyond the capabilities of a beginner.

If you are trying to supply DC to the cell phone, where the cell phone battery is inside the cell phone, then this is a more doable project...

d_c_robo

Joined Dec 12, 2014
You didn't answer my question. Are you trying to build a charger that charges cell phone batteries where the battery is removed from the cell phone? If so, this is a very complicated project, much beyond the capabilities of a beginner.

If you are trying to supply DC to the cell phone, where the cell phone battery is inside the cell phone, then this is a more doable project...

i have to charge a battery and also store the energy in the capacitor or a battery which i can later use.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Storing energy in a capacitor for later use is not practical because the voltage drops linearly as the charge is used. You need a secondary battery, such as a 6V Sealed Lead Acid rechargeable battery:

Such a battery has a very flat voltage vs discharge curve. In other words, the voltage is almost constant as the battery discharges...

Now you need an AC-line powered "charger" for the 6V SLA. It is much easier to build a charger for a SLA battery compared to other battery chemistries...