Keep getting logged out *worried*

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I never log out of AAC. Every time I get on the computer, I am already logged in. It's been so long since I had to login, that I nearly forgot my password.

Today, both times I sat down at the computer, I was logged out already and had to log back in. This has me worried, in the wake of talk of many other vbulletin sites being hacked recently. Should I run for the hills or what? Is everything OK?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Did you make any changes to your browser recently? Some browsers clear all cookies (including saved passwords) every time they're closed. If you just got an update, or if you manually changed some settings, it may have set your browser to log out out of sites automatically.

Does this happen on any other sites as well, besides AAC?

Matt

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
AAC always logs me in but some other sites do not, even though I check the "remember me" option. I do not know why this behaviour isn't consistent.

I'll state, though, that Firefox updates aren't announced to the user.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Well this thread has been open for a few hours and nobody's complained of similar issues, so apparently the issue lies with me/my machine and the site hasn't been infiltrated by a hacker. So I'll stop worrying now. Thanks for the tips.