KARCHER Pressure Steamcleaner

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Picked this up from the local scrap yard for free. Pump no work, so check & find start Cap is faulty. Replace cap with a freeby from an other motor in the scrap yard of the same value. Pump now works, so at this stage have a working pressure cleaner. Steam cleaner burner wont light, find HV igniter is burnt out. Decide to use a car ignition coil from a GMH V6 motor also in junk yard. To drive the coil use a salvaged Nissan Ignition driver transistor. Now have to spend a few dollars to build a driver for the Ign transistor. Now have a fully functioning pressure steam cleaner. Just need a 12v battery to power the igniter, easier than building a powersupply for it. It pays to have a freindly scrap yard (I do ocasionaly fix things for the owner for free).

Attachments

Inquisitive

Joined Nov 12, 2011
Can it still be called a Karcher Pressure cleaner or is it now a Frankenstein-Karcher?
None the less making the best of the a situation, Well done!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Welcome Georgia,we need you in the mix.....Inquistive

A great place to spend some time,while you are at it

look at Loosewire's album.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Last edited by a moderator:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
That's the best one man ocean photo ever posted,show me a better one.

I can deal with greatness,and going for more,It in my gemini.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
That's the best one man ocean photo ever posted,show me a better one.

I can deal with greatness,and going for more,It in my gemini.
Good to hear. For a short moment. I was afraid your love for that picture were due to a bad case of narcissism. But now I know better:rolleyes:

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi Strantor. I just dont like to see potentialy good stuf thrown out. And when moneys tight, like to find cost efective ways around repairing some thing. Im hooked on being a Junk yard rat.:cool:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
When I get my land, I'm putting up a fence around a small portion of it. I'll have my own junk yard, out of view where nobody will fuss about it, and I'll have all the precious derelict machinery I can fit in there.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Just where I get stuf from, freind of owner. Picked up an LPG system for my vehicle for free, only 2 yr old & fitted it myself, then paid a licenced gas guy to check it & plate it so its legal.