KARCHER Pressure Steamcleaner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by debe, Aug 3, 2012.

1. debe

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Picked this up from the local scrap yard for free. Pump no work, so check & find start Cap is faulty. Replace cap with a freeby from an other motor in the scrap yard of the same value. Pump now works, so at this stage have a working pressure cleaner. Steam cleaner burner wont light, find HV igniter is burnt out. Decide to use a car ignition coil from a GMH V6 motor also in junk yard. To drive the coil use a salvaged Nissan Ignition driver transistor. Now have to spend a few dollars to build a driver for the Ign transistor. Now have a fully functioning pressure steam cleaner. Just need a 12v battery to power the igniter, easier than building a powersupply for it. It pays to have a freindly scrap yard (I do ocasionaly fix things for the owner for free).

2. Inquisitive

Nov 12, 2011
    Can it still be called a Karcher Pressure cleaner or is it now a Frankenstein-Karcher?
    None the less making the best of the a situation, Well done!

3. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Welcome Georgia,we need you in the mix.....Inquistive

A great place to spend some time,while you are at it

look at Loosewire's album.

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    You really do not let any change go. In order market your only picture Lossy. Have you ever heard of Narcissus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_%28mythology%29
    Watch out so you do not fall in love with your own reflection:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  5. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    That's the best one man ocean photo ever posted,show me a better one.

I can deal with greatness,and going for more,It in my gemini.

6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Good to hear. For a short moment. I was afraid your love for that picture were due to a bad case of narcissism. But now I know better:rolleyes:

#12 likes this.
  7. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Debe, you're one of my heroes.

8. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi Strantor. I just dont like to see potentialy good stuf thrown out. And when moneys tight, like to find cost efective ways around repairing some thing. Im hooked on being a Junk yard rat.:cool:

strantor likes this.
  9. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    When I get my land, I'm putting up a fence around a small portion of it. I'll have my own junk yard, out of view where nobody will fuss about it, and I'll have all the precious derelict machinery I can fit in there.

10. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    This is the yard, plenty of electronic stuff is dumped to. The truck in the pic takes about 20Ton of scrap every 2-3weeks.

11. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm confused; do you own that yard or is that just where you go to get stuff?

12. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I am a junk yard brat too.

13. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    Just where I get stuf from, freind of owner. Picked up an LPG system for my vehicle for free, only 2 yr old & fitted it myself, then paid a licenced gas guy to check it & plate it so its legal.