Just Got This Kayak

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
http://www.backcountry.com/ocean-ka...5&origin=pla&gclid=CLiw3uvj1LUCFc9AMgodB0EAlA

The yellow one. But instead of a shiney new one, I got a well used one at a steep discount. Going ocean paddling this weekend at New Smyrna Beach on florida's Atlantic coast! Whoo-Hoo!
Kayaks are great. I haven't been able to go out in quite some time, and I must say, I really miss it.

Canoeing is another of my favorite outdoor activities. Perhaps this summer I can get a kayak or a canoe and go out on a lake some weekend....

Have fun brownout!

Matt

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Yeah, I got a few boats back home too. Unfortunately, I'm living away from home now and needed something to take me out on the water. I'll probaby be interested in paddling at 7am or earlier during the summer. Right now, I can be out there any time of the day.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Kayaks are great. I haven't been able to go out in quite some time, and I must say, I really miss it.

Canoeing is another of my favorite outdoor activities. Perhaps this summer I can get a kayak or a canoe and go out on a lake some weekend....

Have fun brownout!

Matt
My fiancee and I have a canoe back home we use. I've always wanted an Ocean Kayak. Here, I can paddle in the ocean and switch to the bay in the afternoon, which is just what I plan on doing.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Take a fishing rod. Apparently the best way to fish, as it nearly silent, and you don't have to cast far.

I admire those who brave the seas. I'm more the kinda guy who will sit right back on a chair. :D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Take a fishing rod. Apparently the best way to fish, as it nearly silent, and you don't have to cast far.

I admire those who brave the seas. I'm more the kinda guy who will sit right back on a chair. :D
Kayaks aren't the best for fishing, I prefer the canoe.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Maxpower097 said:
Nice, I'm planning on picking one up soon to use a therapy for my back.
^- You should also try swimming. Any time I get a back strain, that's the only way I can work it out.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Kayak fishing is becomming a very popular sport. Here, they catch all kinds of fish in the ICW from kayaks. Sure I didn't need to tell you that :)

I probably wont' go more than a few feet from the shore when I to over to the ocean side. I want to try to catch a few waves.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Kayak fishing is becomming a very popular sport. Here, they catch all kinds of fish in the ICW from kayaks. Sure I didn't need to tell you that :)

I probably wont' go more than a few feet from the shore when I to over to the ocean side. I want to try to catch a few waves.
Its been big here for 20 years or so. Before that it was the almight fishing customized jet ski! I always wanted one but couldn't afford one at that time. Now I'm happy with a 14ft whaler and a Kayak. My Canoe got stolen, and she was a beaut! 15'5 light fiberglass, flatback, you could take it out alone and it was fine in the wind, or take 5 people with yah and a lil 4hp motor. God I was pissed when I went to go out in it and it was missing.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
^- You should also try swimming. Any time I get a back strain, that's the only way I can work it out.
I like too but I need to do it with someone or in a populated pool which is sometimes hard. If I throw my back while in the water that could pose problematic. In a kayak or boat I can always call MP and get towed in.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Its been big here for 20 years or so. Before that it was the almight fishing customized jet ski! I always wanted one but couldn't afford one at that time. Now I'm happy with a 14ft whaler and a Kayak. My Canoe got stolen, and she was a beaut! 15'5 light fiberglass, flatback, you could take it out alone and it was fine in the wind, or take 5 people with yah and a lil 4hp motor. God I was pissed when I went to go out in it and it was missing.
Squarebacks are nice. I considered getting one, but settled on the yak instead. Here is the canoe I have: http://www.madrivercanoe.com/produc...eation/adventure_destiny_series/adventure_14/

It's very comfortable and easy to handle. I had it in Sarasota for a couple weeks to paddle the ICW. I have only one problem with it; it's in Alabama and I'm in Florida.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Nice but I prefer fiberglass over molded plastics. FG tends to be lighter but not nearly as durable. So with back issues I need the lightest thing I can get to pull it to the water. That why I'm looking at ocean flat top kayaks now. We have 100's of em all over the place. I should be able to grab one for $100 or so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B General Electronics Chat 4
loosewire Off-Topic 8