just found out abt Audioguru

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ok I was reading a post and saw audioguru BANNED :eek:

I like to know when this did happened and if tht mod mind telling me the reason. He was a good poster u know.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
This happened last March.

I'm not a mod (obviously), but you posted in a public place, so public is what you get. :)

While audioguru is a knowledgeable poster, I'd hardly consider his posts (toward the end) good, often taking the time to belittle people for who/what they are.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ya ! You are right.

I sometimes find his posts good but most of the time his attitude towards others are really bad. It's just sad.

Last March !! :eek: What the heck am I doing here. I never realized I wasn't seeing his posts untill I read Bill's triangular class D non- linearity thingy thread :D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
And I think the AAC Mod team said it is one of the most difficult decisions they have ever taken.
Really ?

Now I am really interested in what Happened.
Hey Mod's u awake or anybody home ?

Wait... tvtech, you are like 6 posts ( no offense here ) but how come u know tht and not me.

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
Goes back a while.

I am not getting involved in this. All that happened was before before my sort of time here with my six posts.

Mods know.

Ask them.

Regards,
tvtech

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think AG is alive and well at ETO.

Sometimes I feel like AG did. Sometimes I want to say, "What were you thinking? You shouldn't be playing with electricity! Just because you saw it advertised doesn't mean you can design one! How can anybody that stupid learn how to type on a computer?"

Then somebody writes in with, "Hi! I just found out the lumpy end of the battery goes in the flashlight first. How do you make a GPS out of a PIC?"

And so, I take a few weeks off until I can get over my mistaken expectation that tens of thousands of beautifully educational posts should have some effect on the bottomless pit of complete idiots that are an inevitable part of the Internet. Rather than learn to bite his virtual tongue, AG logged off, permanently.

At least that's the way I understand it.

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
I think AG is alive and well at ETO.

Sometimes I feel like AG did. Sometimes I want to say, "What were you thinking? You shouldn't be playing with electricity! Just because you saw it advertised doesn't mean you can design one! How can anybody that stupid learn how to type on a computer?"

Then somebody writes in with, "Hi! I just found out the lumpy end of the battery goes in the flashlight first. How do you make a GPS out of a PIC?"

And so, I take a few weeks off until I can get over my mistaken expectation that tens of thousands of beautifully educational posts should have some effect on the bottomless pit of complete idiots that are an inevitable part of the Internet. Rather than learn to bite his virtual tongue, AG logged off, permanently.

At least that's the way I understand it.
AG is there. Doing his usual thing.

So be it.

tvtech

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey tvtech, I see you joined in 2012.
I was going to ask you where the heck have you been but remembered the terrible incident that happened what you went through.

Sorry to hear that. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Stay safe.

by the way are you a TV technician ?

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
Hey tvtech, I see you joined in 2012.
I was going to ask you where the heck have you been but remembered the terrible incident that happened what you went through.

Sorry to hear that. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Stay safe.

by the way are you a TV technician ?
Yip, CRT only.

How not to let 27KV bite you is my speciality. Fixing the rest is as in the associated SMPS is not that hard.

Stay well.

tvtech

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In case any noobies are watching, I worked on vacuum tube tv's in the 1970's and you NEVER get over the fear that 27KV puts into you. Forty years later, I can be working on a 24 volt control circuit, somebody snaps a clothes pin in the laundry room under me, and I come out of the attic like my hair is on fire.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
In case any noobies are watching, I worked on vacuum tube tv's in the 1970's and you NEVER get over the fear that 27KV puts into you. Forty years later, I can be working on a 24 volt control circuit, somebody snaps a clothes pin in the laundry room under me, and I come out of the attic like my hair is on fire.
Yep, that's for sure. I had the unfortunate duty of working on some TWT (traveling wave tube) supplies that are about 10 kV. The worst shock I ever got was from one of those, still not sure what happened. They have a huge poly output cap to deliver a lot of peak energy. I'm probably lucky to be alive because it went through my chest, and I developed a heart arrhythmia soon after the incident that I still have today.

Nothing good ever happens after midnight and nothing good ever happens above 500V.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I fixed CRT for around 10 years here, and taught, that is how to fix those in our training center. I was the expert in consumer stuff. I got use to the HV after a few jolts.

Dunno why but later I was quite comfortable around CRT. Though I get shocked by anode cap from time to time.

These days it's just LCD's

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Been there done that. Been zapped a number of times but the best one really got me. I was working late sound but no image on the CRT. Figuring it was a HV issue I did the trick with the jumper to ground to screwdriver under the HV cap. Next thing I remember, I was on the ground on my butt. I could not see for a couple of seconds. It was scary. :eek:

Well apparently I forgot to secure the jumper to ground and it touched me so I became the ground. I vowed never to work tired again. :(

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I started out in Radio/TV servicing, in fact, that was my major at the Vocational Technical High School I attended. My junior and senior years in HS, I worked the evenings at a local 1 kW radio station till 1 AM weeknights. I engineered two talk shows and did PMs while the show was in progress.

After graduation, I went into the service where I worked on high power Loran transmitters, from those that were designed in the 40s through the 70s. It was interesting to keep everything operational so the system was 99.999% usable. In case your interested, that equates to no more than twenty-six minutes unusable in six months.