JUMO THermoregulator connection to Heating Coil

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jtrehboc, Mar 10, 2014.

1. jtrehboc

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I have a vintage Mercury JUMO THERMOREGULATOR, that can control Temp between 0 - 50 Deg Celsius. It can be set magnetically to a desired Temp. A cable ending in a three pronged European plug comes out of top and sends the on/off. What do I need, at low cost, to rig up, in terms of a relay to hook this THERMOREG to a heating coil for a water bath incubator. I want to grow some probiotic bacterial culture from a mother culture. Has to be kept approx at 37 Celsius (body temperature). Thank you for any advice

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Is it like the one pictured here? Have you looked for a manual? Here's another.

jtrehboc likes this.
  3. jtrehboc

Mar 10, 2014
    Sorry the delay. As I am new to this Forum, I could not find my query again. Thank you for answering. Yes indeed my JUMO is exactly as theo ones in the 2 links. My question is how do I set up that water bath? I need a hating coil that is switched on/off thru a relay that is controlled by the JUMO. The JUMO has a special custom 3 prong plug on a cable. thank you for further advice. My temp required are for pro-bniotic microorganism incubation, around 90 - 95 Farenheit, slightly under Human body temp. Greetings j t r

4. jtrehboc

Mar 10, 2014
    Where can I find a JUMO manual or instructions on how to set this water bath up? j t r

5. BillB3857

Feb 28, 2009
    Reading the fine print on the above link labeled "here", it looks like the device can handle 30mA @230VAC Maximum. Yes, a relay would be in order to control a heater.