Jukebox

daverave

Joined Dec 11, 2013
Long story short, i have a jukebox that is forever blowing bulbs. The bulbs are tiny 6.5v 300ma and are surprisingly expensive for what they are. I want to replace them with LED's. Im useless with creating schematics for circuits so could anyone help? I need 5, all same brightness, thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You might find that there are now LED replacements for some of the older lamp bases, 755, T3 etc.
Miniature bayonet cap.
If the present 6.3v is AC you may have to convert the L.H.'s by converting to DC voltage source.
Max.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
With the lamp number we might be able to help you find a direct replacement.

Another option is keep using the incandescent lamps and instead to reduce the lamp voltage. Even a slight reduction in voltage increases lamp life dramatically. Decreasing the voltage by 10% will about triple the lamp life. Lowering the voltage will make the lamps less white, tending toward orange in color.

A simple way to reduce the lamp voltage is to parallel two high current diodes wired in reversed polarity (anode to cathode). Put these diodes in series between the power transformer and your lamps. The diodes must be rated for the total current drawn by all of the lamps.

daverave

Joined Dec 11, 2013
Ok, heres what i did, first off im sorry i didnt reply sooner, ive been to the coast! I went to Maplin to look for some fuses for another project, and saw the LED section, so i had a gander haha. I had taken a measurement of the current and what not before i went and the source was 6v 2.8a a/c. So i asked the guy at the shop if he had a solution for the bulb situation, and he pointed me towards a d/c rectifier and a pack of LED's and a resistor. All works perfectly!!!