JRC 072D Question

sweatyk

Joined Aug 13, 2013
Can I use a TL 072CP in place of a JRC 072D? Based on the datasheets they are extremely similar with the exception of the slew rate. This chip is in a dual gain stage of a solid state guitar amp. A Randall RH200 G2 to be exact. I know that JRC is for Japan Radio Co. and the TL is Texas Instrument which may have no relevance what so ever...........or does it? In sound quality that is. Reason I'm asking is I have a few 072CP's laying around but would have to order the 072D's. Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

sweatyk

Joined Aug 13, 2013
I'm guessing the way the circuit was designed that the 072CP would not function properly. First I tried a used one I had laying around and the 2nd gain stage would not function at all....no signal. Then I installed a brand new 072CP and has the exact same results. Either 2 bad chips or not meant to work on that application. Either way I have since discovered that the chip is not the real problem anyway. I put the old one back in and unplugged the reverb tank and the problem went away. However the reverb on this amp does function quite well so I'm still scratching my head......lol.............HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!